Building Permits

**Permit application submission first requires account registration through Community Connect. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive an account confirmation email. Additional how-to instructions are available via the links below:**

Builder/Contractor Resources:

Homeowner Resources:

Additional Resources:

Guiding Principles: To place the public's welfare above all other interests, to demonstrate integrity, honesty, and excellence in all transactions, to recognize the continuing need for developing improved safety, to maintain professional competence in all areas of responsibility, and to enforce the construction codes with fairness and impartiality.

Permit Types by Category

Please use this chart when determining which permit to pull in Community Connect. 

Category Permit Type
Commercial Alteration (structural permits for Commercial ONLY)

Commercial Accessory Structure Alteration

  Commercial Addition
  Commercial Alteration / Tenant Finish
Commercial New (structural for NEW Construction Commercial ONLY) Commercial Accessory Structure
  Commercial New
  Commercial Shell
Commercial One Stop (Standalone permits for Commercial ONLY) Commercial Demolition
  Commercial Electrical
  Commercial Mechanical
  Commercial Plumbing
  Grease Trap
Planning Administrative Variance
  Civil Engineering/Construction Plans
  Development Plan
  Fence Approval
  Final Plat
  Landscape Plan
  Preliminary Plat
  Recreational Vehicle
  Right of Way Encroachment / Curb Cut
  Sign Approval
  Site Plan
  Tent/Event Approval
  Text Amendment
  Utility Encroachment / Right-of-Way
Residential Alteration (structural permits for Residential ONLY) Residential Accessory Structure Alteration
  Residential Addition
  Residential Alteration
Residential New (structural for NEW Construction Residential ONLY) Residential Accessory Structure
  Residential New Single Family Townhome
  Residential Single Family Dwelling
Residential One-Stop (Standalone permits for Residential ONLY) Residential Deck
  Residential Demolition
  Residential Electrical
  Residential Mechanical
  Residential Plumbing
  Residential Pool/Hot Tub
  Residential Retaining Wall


Department Contact

Katherine Crouch
Permit & Compliance Specialist

(770) 474-9393
Construction Questions:
(678) 216-0641
Permit Questions:
(770) 487-4038 ext 106

How To Apply for a Permit

How to Schedule an Online Inspection

How to Find a Plat